Friday, August 26, 2016

Thesis Statements1

Game level environment design with special art styles


I want to make Ink painting styles or other art styles into 3D!
A games level environment with especial art styles will be experimental. I also want to combine my culture with 3DDD, combine 2D graphics with 3D.
The art style can be chosen from ink painting( Chinese styles, Japnese styles or others), oil painting(so many styles), paper cuts, sand art, scrawl or others.
Software will be Autodesk Maya, Photoshop, Unreal.
The environment will be related to my hometown.
I will choose one art style, and combine this art style with my culture.
One successful example is the game Okami by Capcom. Here is the screen shoot of Okami.

“okami”的图片搜索结果
“okami”的图片搜索结果

The screen shot of Jianxiaqingyuan Onlie III
“迷仙引”的图片搜索结果

Su Shi,Wenren Chines Ink painting, Song Dynasty
“宋代文人画”的图片搜索结果

Qi Baishi, Sangongbaishoutu,


Baoyi Pan and Bo Zhang, Modern Foshan Paper Cut, 1974
现代_潘保琦、张拨_绿色摇篮_1974腫


Vincent van Gogh, The Starry Night, June 1889. Museum of Modern Art, New York



Claude Monet, Water Lilies and the Japanese bridge, 1897–99, Princeton University Art Museum


How to make my thesis DIFFERENT?
I thought a lot about it in those days. Now I have two ideas for making this thesis idea 1 special. The idea can come from traditional culture but it can't be limited by tradition.
One is "yumcha" culture. My hometown - Guangdong Province is a famous place for Cantonese cuisine. Yumcha and Cantonese Cuisine are wide spread in the world because of economy and immigrant. The most important part of Yumcha is tea and dim sum. My idea is designing a environment about traditional Cantonese Yumcha.
The second one is Cantonese Opera stage. It is different from other traditional culture because of the history. It combines with other different culture from all around the world but it still keep the tradition. But this one is hard to be accepted by young people and other culture.  

No comments:

Post a Comment